Monthly Bulletin from FAO ECTAD China (July)
The July issue includes updates on:
- Participation of LinkTADs partners in China FETPV in order to seek more opportunities for cooperation. Skype meetings with the participation of LinkTADs partners from FAO ECTAD China, RVC, CIRAD and CAHEC were organized to align LinkTADs with China FETPV and other ongoing projects. The experts agreed to provide potential trainings for local FETPV trainees; arrange back-to-back meetings and workshops and map the activities of LinkTADS and China FETPV.
- Training Program Veterinary Epidemilogy for Executives in Beijing. The Veterinary Epidemiology for Executives (FETPV-E) and 3rd China FETPV Stakeholder Meeting was held in Beijing from 28th to 30th of July, 2014. Experts from the animal health and public health sectors representing leading organizations in China (Ministry of Agriculture, China Animal Health and Epidemiology Center, FAO ECTAD China), EU (EU Delegation to China, Royal Veterinary College) and the USA (U.S. Department of Agriculture) discussed veterinary epidemiology and disease control strategies.
- Roll-out of Epidemiology capacity building to western provinces in China. 23 trainees from the veterinary authorities in Qinghai, Inner Mongolia, Tibet, Sichuan, Shaanxi, Gansu and Ningxia provices attended the four-day training involving experts from the Ministry of Agriculture, CAHEC, FAO ECTAD China.
- China FETPV 4th Module in Qingdao, July 7th-25th, 2014. Topics included advanced statistical methods, advanced data analysis, applied socio-economic methodologies in animal disease control and quantitative risk assessment.
- Launch of African Swine Fever Project in Beijing on July 4th, 2014. Representatives from MoA, CAHEC, CADC, FAO ECTAD China and other organizations attended the meeting.
For detailed information, see the attached file: