Monthly Bulletin from FAO ECTAD China (June)
June issue of the FAO ECTAD China Bulletin includes updates on:
- Meeting to discuss the recent global spread of H5Nx influenza viruses and implications for animal and human health. The meeting was held on May 6, 2015. It was attended by LinkTADs partners from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC), China Animal Health and Epidemiology Center (CAHEC), US CDC, international embassies in China, World Health Organization (WHO) and FAO.
- Joint training on epidemiology and zoonosis control for western provinces held in Xining. The joint training was co-hosted by China CDC and China Animal Health and Epidemiology Center (CAHEC), with support from FAO and US CDC. It was jointly delivered by 6 trainers from human health (China CDC/China Field Epidemiology Training Program [FETP]) and 4 trainers from animal health (CAHEC and Xinjiang Veterinary Research Institute) sectors.
- Module 2 of China Field Epidemiology Training Program for Veterinarians (FETPV) in Qingdao. Module 2 of the China FETPV 3rd cohort was held in Qingdao from 22 June to 17 July 2015. The first three weeks' training was delivered by LinkTADs trainers from the Royal Veterinary College (RVC), London, with assistance of the Chinese trainer team.
Upcoming activities include:
- The Second workshop for Training of Chinese trainers and the Linking Epidemiology and Laboratory Research on Transboundary Animal Diseases and Zoonoses in China and EU (LinkTADs) WP3 workshop on field Epidemiology training will be held from 8-10 July 2015 in Qingdao.
- The LinkTADs WP3 workshop on risk-based surveillance and evaluation of surveillance systems will be held from 13-14 July 2015 in Qingdao.
- The LinkTADs WP4 workshop on vaccine development and evaluation will held from 16-17 July 2015 in Harbin.