LinkTADs Kick-Off Meeting in Rome
On December 9-11, 2013 the LinkTADs kick-off meeting brought together all project partners in order to discuss the strategic and operational issues linked to the project implementation.
The Project Coordinator, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, FAO, hosted the meeting at its premises in Rome.
The initial focus was put on the clarification of the project approach and activities. Partners responsible for individual Work Package implementation gave presentations concerning the objectives of each WP as well as planned activities. Short discussion followed each presentation in order to ensure further efficient cooperation within and between the work packages.
FAO has published the launching news of LinkTADs after the kick-off meeting introducing the project to the media and many stakeholders reading the EMPRESS (Emergency Prevention System) Bulletin.
The main outcomes of the meeting included:
- agreeing on the approcahes of the planned activities,
- discussing horizontal issues, such as management, dissemination, gender strategy,
- the aproval of the project logo,
- adoption of the 6 months work plan and event list,
- minor modifications to the deliverable schedule in order to achieve our results more efficiently,
- revision of budget allocations for certain events in order to save costs.
Photo of the LinkTADs kick-off attendees